Peers for Integration - Join Our Dissemination Event
Are you interested in the topics of integration, inclusion and diversity?
Do you work/volunteer with young people or refugees or intend to do so?
Are you looking for quality tools which can be used to foster the development of civic and intercultural competencies?
Peers For Integration is a two-year-long project, that has been developed to facilitate the social inclusion of refugees by supporting their process of cultural adaptation and reducing the discrimination they are facing. Coordinated by Ofensiva Tinerilor (Romania) and in partnership with EPTO | European Peer Training Organisation, Associazione Attiva-Mente (Italy), and Inspectoratul Şcolar Judeţean Arad (Romania) the project is now coming to a close.
Over the past two years we have been working on an innovative integrated approach, targeting youth education for fostering the development of civic and intercultural competencies, both for young refugees and young residents of European countries.
As a result, we have developed a peer education programme that:
- develops the capacities to integrate into the new cultural environment of young refugees who plan to move to European countries;
- schools and youth organisations can use to create an environment in which youngsters understand and embrace cultural diversity.
Being tested in over 10 communities and on more than 200 beneficiaries, it has shown great potential for changing the mentalities of young people, especially in terms of:
- developing critical thinking with respect to stereotypes that contradict human rights, taking into consideration cultural aspects from Europe
- empowering the participants to face the existing social pressure that fosters this form of discrimination
- making them aware of not only the negative implications of discrimination based on one's cultural background, but also other forms of discrimination
- helping them become, in general, more tolerant and more open to diversity
20th May 2021 we invite you to join us for an online dissemination event during which we will share with you the different phases of the project, the tools developed and the experiences of participants. You will have the chance to discuss some of the key questions raised and how these apply to your organisations as well as getting a closer look at some of the tools and resources on the training platform.
If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org