CALL FOR PARTICIPANTS - PEERS FOR INTEGRATION
EPTO is looking for 8 Belgium-based participants interested in becoming peer trainers !
The project :
« Peers for Integration » aims to facilitate the social inclusion of refugees by supporting their process of cultural adaptation and reducing the discrimination they are facing. For this, it proposes an innovative integrated approach, targeting youth education for fostering the development of civic and intercultural competences, both for young refugees and young residents of European countries.
This project is led by Ofensiva Tinerilor (RO), in partnership with EPTO (BE), Attiva Mente (IT) and Inspectoratul Scolar Judetean Arad (RO)
The training will be held in Arad (RO) from October 23rd to November 3rd , 2019. It will be based on a peer education methodology developed in the 1st phase of the project and aiming at empowering the young refugees and European young people to prevent xenophobia and intolerance among youth by becoming themselves the "teachers" of their peers.
Following the training, participants are expected to co-organise and deliver in pair, one or two workshops with youngsters at local level.
Accommodation and food will be covered by the Ersamus + programme and travel costs will be reimbursed up to 275€ based on real costs.
Selection criteria for participants :
- Be 18-25 years old
- Have at least an intermediate level of English (B1)
- Have experience in youth projects/volunteering
- Demonstrate an ability for public speaking
- Demonstrate motivation and planning abilities to organise and facilitate workshops at local level
Application process :
Send the following documents at Cathy Del Rizzo, email@example.com :
- Application form to be downloaded here
- Motivation letter stating your interest in the project and how you plan to transfer and multiply the learning outcomes in future activities involving youth
The deadline to apply is July 14, 2019!