The European Peer Training Organisation (EPTO) provides a space where young people can be learners and educators, sharing with their peers their competencies in a spirit of collaboration. In EPTO, individual knowledge becomes collective knowledge.
EPTO members are catalysts for peer education. They may train their peers themselves or create the conditions for peer education to happen between young people through training, mentoring and coaching creating a snowball effect.
In EPTO, young people can:
- Learn more about themselves and discover the great gift of human diversity.
- Learn how to become a peer trainer and train their peers about a variety of different topics: diversity and anti-discrimination, well-being, participation...
- Get to know other peer educators and youth workers using peer education.
- Participate in European meetings with other young people.
- Become activists and initiate their own projects.
- Make a difference... and risk having fun along the way.
By building capacity for young people and youth-serving organisations to implement quality peer training and offering progressive personal and professional development, EPTO furthers the European Union’s objective to create a widespread snowball effect where young people are active actors of social change through their participation: “empowering other young Europeans and creat(ing) a momentum of activities, which in the long run, could affect civil society as a whole.”